The Rain Song || Led Zeppelin
- This was written after George Harrison, who is a huge fan, told John Bonham that the trouble with Led Zeppelin is that they don’t do any ballads.
- Robert Plant’s lyrics deal with the changing emotions of love.
- In an interview with Rolling Stone, Plant said this was his best Led Zeppelin vocal performance.
- Drummer John Bonham took brushes to his drums on this song, demonstrating his versatility. Surprisingly, he continued to use them even when the song gets heavy.
- This was one of the few Zeppelin songs where all 4 members shared the composer credit.
A hero is only worth the villain he’s facing